Reply to comment
The Cummins Inquiry report on Victoria's vulnerable children again leads today's media update (Major coverage in yesterday's update). The Senate Inquiry report on forced adoption practices and the Victorian Ombudsman's report on the keeping of records for state wards also feature.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
- Abuse victims want Royal Commission into church, ABC Lateline, 1 March 2012
- Gippsland fails children, Latrobe Valley Express, 1 March 2012
- Ballarat welfare agencies welcome inquiry commitment, The Courier, 1 March 2012
- Foster care overhaul, The Project, Network Ten, 1 March 2012 (video: from 3m 33s)
Senate Inquiry into forced adoption practices
- Unique story of forced adoption and reunion, ABC Radio National Breakfast, 2 March 2012
- Forced adoption inquiry hears harrowing evidence, ABC Radio National Breakfast, 1 March 2012
- Forced adoption: 'horror of our history', ABC Radio National PM, 29 February 2012
- Healing words: forced adoption report released, The Canberra Times, 29 February 2012 (video)
- Commonwealth Contribution to Former Forced Adoption Policies and Practices, Australian Senate, 29 February 2012
Ombudsman Inquiry into records of state wards
- State ward files found rotting in archives, The Age, 2 March 2012
- Ombudsman criticises Victoria's poor storage of records relating to wards of the state
ABC Radio National PM, 29 February 2012
To catch up on the Centre's media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what's that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.
- The Centre
- Learning & Development
- Research and Evaluation Supports
- Sector Research Partnership
- Policy & Advocacy
- Consultancy Services