What is a Knowhow session?
Knowhow is a facilitated discussion forum that brings people together to discuss important issues.
Knowhow aims to create a learning environment that respects the wisdom and experience of others while allowing discussions to generate naturally.
How does it work?
- A hot topic is chosen
- A skilled and engaging facilitator introduces the topic
- The facilitator outlines themes or questions and draws upon the experience in the room for a response
- Respondents can be both targeted and impromptu
- Knowledge is shared
- The key is to ensure a well-meaning robust discussion.
What are the benefits of running a session this way?
- Knowledge and learning is based on what’s happening in real life
- People impacted by the topic are at the forefront of understanding the topic
- Professionals, researchers and advocates can share their views and practices
- Individual agendas are irrelevant and shared group experiences help to form a consensus and shared knowledge
- Knowledge, practices and views are challenged through an ‘all sides’ debate
- It is an engaging and energetic way of learning that helps to form long lasting understanding
|Who is involved?||What to do||Tools||Feedback|