Residential Care Learning and Development Strategy
The Residential Care Learning and Development Strategy (RCLDS) aims to improve outcomes for children and young people living in residential care in Victoria due to child protection issues.
RCLDS works to achieve this aim by providing training and learning opportunities to residential care workers. Training programs can be found by visiting the RCLDS online training calendar.
For a quick look in your local area down load the training plan here.
RCLDS is overseen by a Reference Group comprised of senior, experienced representatives from community service organisations providing residential care services, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Centre.
The goals of RCLDS are:
- The ongoing development and maintenance of a skilled and stable workforce.
- Provision of high quality training, supervision and support to workers.
- Development of appropriate pre-service and in-service qualifications relevant to the field.
- Commitment to and development of a lifelong learning culture in the workplace.
- To support the development of appropriate services to Aboriginal children and young people in care through promoting cultural sensitivity and awareness by its mode of operation, in training and in learning materials.
If you have any enquires, please contact Raelene Jones 9094 3527
|RCLDS Calendar 2016-2017.pdf||273.52 KB|
- Upcoming Learning & Development Opportunities
- Customised Learning
- Room Hire
- Residential Care Learning and Development Strategy
- Nationally Recognised Training (RTO)
- Policies, Procedures and Forms
- Resi Worker Conversation