RCLDS Supporting Higher Education
The aim of The Residential Care Learning and Development Strategy Further Education Scholarship is to continue to support the improvements in residential care service provision, by supporting residential care workers who have a Certificate IV in Child Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care) or similar to obtain a relevant Diploma or undergraduate degree.
2016 Applications are now OPEN- close 26 February 2016
- The Scholarship will be offered to applicants who are, or will be undertaking tertiary study relevant to residential care practice.
- The applicant must be employed by a Community Service Organisation funded by DHHS Out of Home Care, to provide residential care services in Victoria.
- The applicant must have been employed in the residential care sector for at least two or more years.
- Applicants must occupy a role where their studies directly benefit children and young people in care such as a direct care residential worker, unit-based supervisor, or residential care managers.
- The application must be accompanied by a letter of support from the applicant’s employer.
- The applicant must be studying an accredited tertiary course (such as a Diploma or undergraduate degree) in an area which supports improvements to the practical provision of residential care services.
- In the case of multiple applications from the one organisation, the selection committee will seek advice from that organisation as part of the assessment process.
- The application must include a plan for sharing the results of their work within the sector. The plan should show how they will share relevant research, knowledge and findings during the course of their study and upon completion.
For more information, please contact Kim Somers on 03 9614 1577 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Final Scholarship application 2016.pdf||448.95 KB|
- Upcoming Learning & Development Opportunities
- Customised Learning
- Room Hire
- Residential Care Learning and Development Strategy
- Nationally Recognised Training (RTO)
- Policies, Procedures and Forms
- Resi Worker Conversation