Royal Commission into Family Violence
On Sunday, 22 February 2015, the Governor of Victoria appointed a Chair and two Deputy Commissioners to the Royal Commission into Family Violence. The Commission will inquire into and provide practical recommendations on how Victoria’s response to family violence can be improved. The Commission is due to provide its report and recommendations to the government by Monday, 29 February 2016.
The Royal Commission into Family violence handed down its report and recommondations on Wednesday 30th March 2016.
The Centre has prepared an initial summary of the key findings from the report, as well as a table summarising comparing recommendations from our submission to the key recommendations by the Royal Commission.
Read the Centre's submission to the Royal Commission here.
Read the Centre's media release in response to the report and recommendations here.
Access the full report and all 227 recommendations here.
Further information is also available on the Royal Commission website
- Royal Commission into Family Violence
- Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- Senate Community Affairs References Committee
- Responses to the sexual abuse and sexual exploitation of children in residential care in Victoria - CCYP
- Sector Development Forums