Quality Learning Circle
Quality Learning Circle Meeting
Monday 20th February 2017 - 11.00 am to 1.00 pm
Location: Centre for Excellence Child and Family Welfare
Level 5, 50 Market Street, Melbourne
Information Sharing Key Topic - Child Safe Standards Implementation
Please bring along your thoughts on how your organisation has approached the implementation of Child Safe Standards;
- What has worked well?
- Areas that have proven to be more difficult?
- What you have learnt about your organisation?
The aim of the Quality Learning Circle is to provide an opportunity for the communication of changes and updates to the Department of Health and Human Services Standards to Community Service Organisations and other stakeholders and to provide a feedback mechanism to DHHS.
The Quality Learning Circle will develop an annual meetings calendar of four meetings per annum which will focus on the following:
- Contribute to implementation of the standards for registering and re-registration.
- Evaluation of registration and re-registration audits and the interpretation and recommendations of audit findings.
- Identify audit strategies against the standards to ensure compliance.
- Review policies and procedures against the standards to ensure best practice.
- Develop professional development strategies for implementation of the standards for registration and re-registration
- Providing feedback to DHHS on the application of standards.
- Identify professional development opportunities for staff across the sector.
Proposed Meeting dates for 2017 (All held from 11am - 1pm)
- Monday 20 February 2017
- Thursday 25 May 2017
- Wednesday 23 August 2017
- Tuesday 28 November 2017
DHHS - Human Services Standards Quality Reference Group
The Human Services Standards Quality Reference Group includes members from community service organisations, Aboriginal community controlled organisations, sector peak bodies, and the Department of Health and Human Services.
It was established to provide:
- information and discuss matters regarding the implementation of the Human Services Standards (Standards) (gazetted as Department of Health and Human Services Standards)
- input and advice into the processes involved in the registration of community service organisations under the Disability Act and the Children, Youth and Families Act as they relate to the Standards
- an opportunity to solicit feedback, share resources and best practice examples which may be used to plan quality forums
- Department of Health and Human Services updates such as policy changes, changes to program requirements, Standards and Regulation Unit updates
- an opportunity to share information about the Standards and registration processes within the membership group
- a feedback pathway between the members and the Department of Health and Human Services endorsed independent review bodies
- an avenue through which information will be disseminated by the members about the Standards and registration.