Adolescent Family Violence Program, Baptcare
This program uses an individualised approach tailored to the needs of the family. Draws on various approaches including trauma-informed, the ‘shark cage’, Men’s Behaviour Change principles, ‘Walking with Dads’, and Non-Violence Resistance (NVR) training.
Program delivery includes considerations for young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Young people aged 12-17 years who are either living at home or have a plan to return to live at home.
- Outreach case management with young person and family
- Future view to incorporate group program
- Services covers Western Brimbank/Melton areas
- Young people must be living at home or spend MOST of their time at home OR have a planned return home.
- Internal referrals (e.g. Baptcare’s Positive Ways program)
- External services (e.g. ChildFIRST, Specialist Family Violence services, ChildFIRST, Police)