Large-scale changes in service delivery by the Department of Human Services announced by community services minister Mary Wooldridge lead today’s media update. Victorian public sector job cuts announced with the Budget Update, Forgotten Australians, and child protection in Tasmania also feature.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
Large-scale changes planned for DHS service delivery
- Shake-up for social worker regime, The Age, 16 December 2011
- Human services: The case for change, Department of Human Services, December 2011
Union questions service impact of big public sector job cuts
- Victorian Government breaks public service pledge, ABC Radio National AM, 16 December 2011
- Baillieu slashes jobs, slugs motorists, The Age, 16 December 2011
- Money shuffle is no substitue for creating real wealth, The Age, 16 December 2011
Forgotten Australians two years on
- The Forgotten Australians feel forgotten all over again, The Age, 16 December 2011
Child protection in Tasmania faces 176 recommendations for change
- Report recommends children check in Tasmania, ABC Radio National PM, 15 December 2011
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.