The announcement of 500 job cuts in DHS a week before the release of the Cummins Inquiry report leads today’s Centre media update. A dispute between former workers and Community Connections Victoria over redundancy payments also features.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
DHS announces 500 job cuts a week before Cummins report release
- Centre CEO, Dr Lynette Buoy, was interviewed by Kathy Bedford on ABC Statewide Drive yesterday regarding the impact of the job cuts. Community services minister, Mary Wooldridge, Opposition spokesperson Danielle Green, and Anglicare CEO Paul McDonald were also on the program. Online audio may be available early next week.
- DHS slashes hundreds of jobs , ABC TV News Victoria, 22 February 2012
- Fears that 75 DHS jobs may be cut in Ballarat putting kids at risk, The Courier, 24 February 2012
- Services not affected by DHS job cuts: Ryan, ABC News Online, 23 February 2012
CSO in dispute over redundancy payments
- Former Community Connections workers appeal to Ombudsman, The Standard, 24 February 2012
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.