Diploma of Leadership & Management
If you hold a leadership and management role in the child, youth and families sector (or are working towards one), the Centre is offering a Nationally Recognised Diploma to help you hone your skills.
- The course is competency based and consists of 12 Units incorporating 4 core units and 8 elective units. Training will be carried out via classroom delivery and the student’s workplace. Students will be able to apply newly acquired knowledge and skills during the course of normal work day.
- The majority of assessments will be workplace based utilising the work environment
- This course will be delivered over 17 full day classroom training sessions over a period of 9 months.
- The Diploma of Leadership and Management is for individuals who are already in leadership and management roles in the child, youth and families sector, and for individuals who are working towards a leadership position.
- The Centre offers this diploma to develop and hone management skills for individuals within the context of the child, youth and families’ sector. The course will equip you to take initiative, show judgement in planning and organising, and arm you with effective communication and self-management strategies.
- You will be able to plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to problems as they arise, and identify and analyse information from a variety of sources.
- This course is most suited to individuals who lead and manage a team and have a contribution to the overall organisational direction.
Development and use of emotional intelligence to increase self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management in the context of the workplace.
- Lead and manage effective workplace relationships.
- Develop and monitor implementation of the operational plan to provide efficient and effective workplace practices within the organisation’s productivity and profitability plans.
- Lead teams in the workplace and to actively engage with the management of the organisation
- Manage the performance of staff who are direct reports.
- Lead and manage continuous improvement systems and processes.
- Undertake a straightforward project or a section of a larger project
- Manage Risk
- Establish, maintain and evaluate the organisation’s work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area, according to WHS legislative requirements
- Create systems and process to organise information and prioritise tasks.
Members: The course fee for our Member Organisations is $4,200.00 and covers course manuals, registration, assessment and participant support.
Non-Members: The course fee for non-members is $5,100.00 and covers course manuals, registration, assessment and participant support.
Non – Members: can access member rates by signing up for individual membership or organisational membership by clicking on the following link- member page.
For information on the RCLDS Further Education Scholarship and how to apply click here
Cancellation policy – We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
Withdrawal – Participants who withdraw: more than 15 days before course commencement receive a full refund minus $200 administration fee;
Less than 15 days prior to the agreed start date –no refund.
Extenuating circumstances – Apply in writing, attaching any relevant documentation, such as medical certificate. Application for special consideration does not guarantee acceptance
Diploma of Leadership & Management Testimonials
“I have learnt a great deal from this course and have grown in my confidence and skills as a manager who is leading a cohesive team. This is now being noticed by my manager and the executive group, and has lead for us to work on progressing me to the next level (her position) as the Deputy Area Operations Manager."
It enabled me to reflect on when things had gone well for me in my new management role and when they hadn’t. The teacher and the support staff were so supportive and were very responsive to any questions I had. Speakers were invited in for particular topics and I really liked that an effort was made to find people who were within the industry and this helped make topics that were challenging relevant to me and my work"