- This event has passed.
Best Interests Practice Model Framework – (CALBIP20200303) (CBD)
Tuesday March 3, 2020, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$250.00 – $330.00
The aim of this workshop is to provide practitioners with an understanding of the principles and practices of Best Interests Case Practice Model and how this is embedded into their work context.
This training provides information on how to embed a service system that supports clients to heal and recover at the same time as building the necessary scaffolding for the practitioner in order to prevent stress and vicarious trauma.
- Systemic approach to case work
- Collaborative practice
- Trauma informed care & practice
- Best Interests Case Practice Model
- Child centred & family focused
- Child and Family Snapshot Tool
- Bio Eco-maps
- Assessment framework 5 C’s
- Goal Planning
- Analysis, implementation, review processes
- Therapeutic Case Work
- Working with families who experience complex issues
- Practical strategies to respond to complex behaviours
- Engaging resistant and stuck clients
- Stress management & self-care
An understanding of:
- Best Interests Case Practice Model overview and how this provides a foundation for best practice, good outcomes and working with children, young people and their families.
- An overview of therapeutic casework and how this is integrated into Best Interests Case Practice Model.
- How to work collaboratively and in partnerships with other services.
- How to embed strengths based practice approach.
- How to utilize Genograms & Eco-maps to enhance best practice and good outcomes.
- How to integrate a 5 C’s assessment into existing therapeutic casework frameworks.
- Family systems, structure and subsystems, the dynamics that exist and their impact on a family and their stages of change.
- Working with complex families e.g. Trauma, Intergenerational issues, D & A issues, Cultural complexities, ATSI trauma issues, Child Protection issues etc.
- How trauma and cumulative harm can impact on the lives of children, young people and their families.
- Stress management and the impact of stress & vicarious stress can have on the practitioner and the organisation and how to develop safety plans through self-care concepts.
Tea and coffee facilities available and lunch provided.
Please note: Payment is required prior to the training date
Registration: To ensure your spot in this session, please enrol above.
- We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
- Participants who withdraw more than 15 days before course commencement will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the agreed start date, we will be unable to issue a refund.
- Course and name transfers may be made if vacancies exist.
- If there are extenuating circumstances for your cancellation, please contact 9614 1577 or email the training coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.