- This event has passed.
BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management (July 2019)
Friday July 12, 2019, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$1400 – $1700
If you are not a member of the Centre, click through to our member page to find out how you or your organisation can sign up.
The Diploma of Leadership and Management is for individuals who are already in leadership and management roles in the child, youth and families sector, and for individuals who are working towards a leadership position. The Centre offers this diploma to develop and hone management skills for individuals within the context of the child, youth and families’ sector. The course will equip you to take initiative, show judgement in planning and organising, and arm you with effective communication and self-management strategies. You will be able to plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to problems as they arise, and identify and analyse information from a variety of sources.
This course is most suited to individuals who lead and manage a team and have a contribution to the overall organizational direction.
Any worker supporting young people in residential out of home care maybe eligible for a Residential Care Learning and Development Strategy (RCLDS) Scholarship
Contact Oliver Tsorbaris – firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
The course is competency based and consists of 12 Units incorporating 4 core units and 8 elective units.
Training will be carried out via classroom delivery and the student’s workplace. Students will be able to apply newly acquired knowledge and skills during the course of normal work day. The majority of assessments will be workplace based utilising the work environment
This course will be delivered over 17 full day classroom training sessions over a period of 9 months
- Development and use of emotional intelligence to increase self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management in the context of the workplace.
- Lead and manage effective workplace relationships.
- Develop and monitor implementation of the operational plan to provide efficient and effective workplace practices within the organisation’s productivity and profitability plans.
- Lead teams in the workplace and to actively engage with the management of the organisation.
- Undertake financial management within a work team in an organisation
- Present and negotiate persuasively, lead and participate in meetings and make presentations to customers, clients and others.
- Manage the performance of staff who are direct reports.
- Lead and manage continuous improvement systems and processes.
- Undertake a straightforward project or a section of a larger project
- Manage Risk
- Establish, maintain and evaluate the organisation’s work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area, according to WHS legislative requirements
- Create systems and process to organise information and prioritise tasks.
Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare
Level 5, 50 Market Street
Melbourne, VIC , 3000
Phone: 9614 1577
Fax: 9614 1774
Timing: 9.15am to 5pm
Start Date :12 July 2019
|Training Days||Core/ Elec
|Unit|| Delivery dates
|Day 1||E||BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development||12 July 2019|
|Day 2||C||BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships||19 July 2019|
|BSBMGT502 Manage People Performance
BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
|9th & 16 Aug 2019|
|Day 5||E||BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace||6 Sept 2019|
|Day 6||E||BSBRSK501 Manage risk||20th Sept 2019|
|BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence||4th Oct & 11Oct 2019|
|Day 9||ASSESSMENT WORKSHOP 1||1 Nov 2019|
|E||BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans||8th & 15th Nov 2019|
|Day 12||E||BSBPMG522 Undertake project work||6th Dec 2019|
|Day 13||E||BSBMGT520 Plan and manage the flexible workforce||17 Jan 2020|
BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
|7 & 14th Feb 2020|
|Day 16||E||BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement||6th March 2020|
|Day 17||ASSESSMENT WORKSHOP 2||13 March 2020|
The course fee for The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare Member Organisations is $4,200.00 and covers course manuals, registration, assessment and participant support
The course fee for non-members is $5,100.00 and covers course manuals, registration, assessment and participant support.
Non – Member can access member rates by signing up for individual membership or organisational membership by clicking on the following link- member page
Fees will be collected via a three course payment plan as follows:
|Instalment||Pay by date||Amount (Member/Non-Member)|
|1st Instalment||12 July 2019||$1,400/ $1,700|
|2nd Instalment||13 Sept 2019||$1,400/ $1,700|
|3rd Instalment||8 Nov 2019||$1,400/ $1,700|
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellation policy – We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
Withdrawal – Participants who withdraw: more than 15 days before course commencement receive a full refund minus $100 administration fee;
Less than 15 days prior to the agreed start date –no refund.
Extenuating circumstances – Apply in writing, attaching any relevant documentation, such as medical certificate. Application for special consideration does not guarantee acceptance.
On completion of this registration process, further enrollment documents will be emailed to you.
Ph no: 03 96141577