- This event has passed.
Case Notes and Record Keeping through a Best Interests Case Practice Model Framework (Fee for service)
Tuesday May 16, 2023, 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
This half day (3 hour) workshop provides theoretical as well as practical training in understanding the role of documentation in case management, and the implications of non-compliance with professional standards. The training aims to develop participants’ skills in this important area through discussion and exercises.
Good case notes and records assist in providing continuity of care to clients, promote good practice and service delivery, create accountability, and protect individual employees and agencies where there may be concerns about the nature or adequacy of the service provided. This half day workshop provides the practitioner with theoretical as well as practical training in understanding the role of documentation and recording, and the implications of non-compliance of professional standards, including the potential present and future impact on the client.
Participants who complete this course will:
- understand their professional obligations relating to the keeping of case notes and records
- develop increased confidence and skill in writing notes and other records
- increased knowledge of confidentiality in relation to case notes and records
- create a simple framework for what to record
- apply Best Interests Case Practice principles to case note recording
- ensure case noting necessitates professional curiosity, and is strengths-based and solution-focused
- learn how to expand their skills for writing descriptive evidence-based case notes.