- This event has passed.
Defusing and Debriefing Incidents – (CALDB20190916)
Monday September 16, 2019, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$290.00 – $330.00
Participants will be given an understanding of defusing (psychological first aid) and debriefing (CISM) along with follow up support and supporters’ self-care.
Following this workshop, participants should have:
- Understanding of stress and anxiety
- Recognise the effects of trauma
- Knowledge of workplace procedures around incident response
- Understand Rob Gordon’s model of psychological first aid
- Create safety after critical incident
- Support staff after a critical incident
- Emotional debrief in the days after a critical incident
- Set up the CISM debrief
- Understand the 7 stages of the CISM debrief
- Accessing EAP
- Other external professional support
- Understand self-care strategies for supporters
Coffee/Tea facilities available and lunch provided
Please note: Payment is required prior to the training date
Registration: To ensure your spot in this session, please enrol above.
We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
Participants who withdraw more than 15 days before course commencement will receive a full refund. If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the agreed start date, we will be unable to issue a refund.
Course and name transfers may be made if vacancies exist.
If there are extenuating circumstances for your cancellation, please apply in writing, attaching any relevant documentation, such as a medical certificate. Application for special consideration does not guarantee a refund.