- This event has passed.
Digging Deeper: Coaching practices for practitioners working in complex and challenging environments
Tuesday February 15, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
One event on Tuesday February 15, 2022 at 10:00 am
DIGGING DEEPER is a two-part workshop held virtually on the 14th & 15th February 2022
Digging Deeper is an interactive and practical workshop that explores the practice of coaching as a tool for social workers and youth workers working in complex and challenging environments.
You will learn a practical strengths-based approach: ask your clients questions that ‘dig deep’ and nurture self-awareness and healthy ways to explore personal responsibility. Activate positive decision-making that energises self-determination, aspiration and hope… one conversation at a time. Digging Deeper provides social workers and youth workers with the skills and confidence to facilitate coaching conversations with clients that:
- Set the foundation: Build trust and rapport quickly and effectively in challenging environments
- Dig deeper: Learn how to ask questions that cut through the mess, strength spot and harness intrinsic motivation
- Redefine story: Help clients to re-write their challenging stories and replace them with powerful narratives, strengths, aspirations and hope.
The Digging Deeper is a practical workshop facilitated by experienced trainer, practitioner and coach Shayne Hood, who will provide you with the opportunity to practice and build your coaching skills so you can apply them with clients straight away!
Shayne will equip you with a coaching toolkit, including coaching questions, and lots of practical advice. Workshop participants will gain:
- an extensive understanding of coaching theory and what this means for practice
- an understanding of the connection between coaching and self-determination in the context of youth work and social work
- new skills for applying and navigating the practical elements of coaching
- new skills for reflecting and continuously improving coaching practices.
Digging Deeper is a virtual workshop held over two days
10.00am-3.00pm Monday 14th & Tuesday 15th of February, 2022
Any questions? Contact Emily Mellon email@example.com 9614 1506
Follow the link to Membership information to access discounted fees: https://www.cfecfw.asn.au/join-cfecfw/