- This event has passed.
Digital Safety, Family Violence and Risk Assessment June 11th CALDSRA20190611
Tuesday June 11, 2019, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$290 – $330
Based on Victorian research, this training explores how technology is being used to perpetrate family violence and the ways adult survivors and advocates can respond to increase safety and perpetrator accountability.
This training is delivered by the The Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria (DVRCV).
This course covers:
- Understanding the unique and changing ways technology is being used to exert power and control over women and their children (ie. through Facebook, Twitter, ‘Revenge Porn’ etc)
- Different types of technology used and the impacts on women and their children
- Risk Assessment and intake processes
- Safety planning approaches
- Safety tips for women
- Advocacy options for family violence workers (including legal responses)
- Agency frameworks for a more comprehensive approach to digital safety.
Morning/afternoon tea and lunch provided
Registration: To ensure your spot in this session, please enrol above.
We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
Participants who withdraw more than 15 days before course commencement will receive a full refund. If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the agreed start date, we will be unable to issue a refund.
Course and name transfers may be made if vacancies exist.
If there are extenuating circumstances for your cancellation, please apply in writing, attaching any relevant documentation, such as a medical certificate. Application for special consideration does not guarantee a refund.