- This event has passed.
Effective Conflict Management – CBD – (CALCRS20200415)
Wednesday April 15, 2020, 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
This workshop has been postponed until further notice
Aim of Training
Occupational violence has increased over recent years with statistical evidence indicating that individuals working within the residential, welfare and home based care sectors are amongst those most likely to be subjected to potentially violent situations. The fundamental aim of the current program is to ensure safety – safety for all. Through your participation in this program, you will learn the necessary skills to engage a diverse range of individuals in addition to the key micro-skills that underpin preventative conflict management strategies such as risk assessment, defusing and incident management.
Upon completion of this program, the participants will be able to:
- Complete and undertake a comprehensive risk assessment
- Implement a range of communication techniques that will minimise the escalation of conflict
- Implement the key micro-skills of negotiation and defusing
- Implement the skills of critical incident management
- Implement the skills of third party intervention
Tea and coffee facilities available and lunch provided.
Please note: Payment is required prior to the training date
Registration: To ensure your spot in this session, please enrol above.
- We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
- Participants who withdraw more than 15 days before course commencement will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the agreed start date, we will be unable to issue a refund.
- Course and name transfers may be made if vacancies exist.
- If there are extenuating circumstances for your cancellation, please contact 9614 1577 or email the training coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.