RCLDS – Effective Conflict Management – CBD – (RCLDSECMS20200415)
Wednesday April 15, 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
This workshop is only available to residential care workers in Victoria.
Aim of Training
Occupational violence has increased over recent years with statistical evidence indicating that individuals working within the residential, welfare and home based care sectors are amongst those most likely to be subjected to potentially violent situations. The fundamental aim of the current program is to ensure safety – safety for all. Through your participation in this program, you will learn the necessary skills to engage a diverse range of individuals in addition to the key micro-skills that underpin preventative conflict management strategies such as risk assessment, defusing and incident management.
- Upon completion of this program, the participants will be able to:
- Complete and undertake a comprehensive risk asses
- Implement a range of communication techniques that will minimise the escalation of conflict
- Implement the key micro-skills of negotiation and defusing
- Implement the skills of critical incident management
- Implement the skills of third party intervention
Tea and coffee facilities available and lunch provided.
Registration: To ensure your spot in this session, please enrol above.