- This event has passed.
Infection Control in Residential Care – Online Intake
Monday September 30, 2019
This training is only available for residential care workers in Victoria.
Aim of training
- This is an online, interactive training module for residential care staff. It teaches participants about the importance and essential components of infection control procedures in providing quality, child-focused residential care. It provides an overview of infection control issues related to the kitchen and food preparation; dealing with spills and hazards; laundry procedures; and ensuring privacy and confidentiality issues are addressed correctly.
- Recognising and understanding the importance of responsive and safe infection control procedures, in line with both their Organisation’s and DHHS’ policies & procedures.
- Identifying the key infection risks within the residential home
- Developing techniques and strategies to minimise these risks for both workers and young people in out-of-home-care
- Understanding confidentiality, the principles of privacy and the law regarding your quality of care obligations
How will enrolments work for the online training?
- You may enrol them any time up until the end of September 2019.
- Once staff have completed the online component of the courses (and received a satisfactory grade on any final assessment) they can now download and print their own completion certificate.
- In Moodle you need to go to the main screen of the module they have passed and click on Completion certificate, download and then print the certificate.
How long will the training take? Will I need any special equipment?
- Each course will take approximately 2 hours.
- Staff will not need any special equipment for the training, beyond a computer with a reliable internet connection. All online courses designed by the Centre for Excellence are customised for both desktop computer (Mac and PC), tablets and smartphones.