- This event has passed.
Introduction to understanding Mental Health in young people workshop (CBD) 14th July 2020 (CALYMH20200714)
Tuesday July 14, 2020, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$250.00 – $330.00
Introduction to understanding Mental Health in young people workshop
Recognising the increasing need for all adults working with young people to better understand how to recognise and assist with mental health problems. This course has been developed to provide participants with a beginning understanding and overview of mental illness in young people.
The course covers;
- The main mental illnesses affecting young people including anxiety, depression. Psychosis and eating disorders.
- Suicidal thinking and behaviour
- Non suicidal self-injury
- Risk Factors
- Types of treatments
- Communication Techniques
- Support Options
This course is ideal for those people working with young people who would like to know more about common mental health problems faced by adolescents and how they can better support them by improved knowledge, communication skills and where to access specialised support if needed.
Upon completion of the one day course all participants will have / be able to;
- Increased understanding of common mental health problems in young people
- Recognise developing common mental health problems in young people
- Increased understanding of suicidal behaviours and non-suicidal self-injury
- Ability to better communicate with young people experiencing mental health problems
- Be aware of possible treatments and support options, including how to access them
Coffee/tea facilities available and lunch provided
If you have any queries please contact 9094 3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: payment is required prior to the training date
Registration: To ensure your place, please register at least 15 days prior course commencement by completing the enrolment form below.
Cancellation policy: We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
Withdrawal: Participants who withdraw more than 15 days before course commencement receive a full refund; less than 14 days prior to the agreed start date –no refund
Course transfer: Course and name transfers may be made if vacancies exist
Extenuating circumstances: Apply in writing, attaching any relevant documentation, such as medical certificate. Application for special consideration does not guarantee acceptance