- This event has passed.
Leadership and Supervision Skills for New Managers – Postponed (CALLSNM20200429) (CBD)
Wednesday April 29, 2020, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$250 – $330
this workshop has been postponed until further notice.
Leadership and Supervision Skills for New Managers
This full day workshop focuses on some of the most challenging problems that confront new managers in the sector. Often the transition from staff to management brings unexpected challenges.
The one-day workshop is designed to provide practical tools that can be used to support participants in their leadership and supervisory role. Participants will be able to demonstrate a solid understanding around the key areas of supervision and managing the supervisory relationship.
- How do you adjust to setting new boundaries, while maintaining your existing relationships?
- What happens when the buck stops with you?
Participants will explore topics including using effective communication styles, coaching and mentoring skills, goal setting, and both providing and receiving feedback. This workshop explores the use of Clinical Education frameworks and models, to ensure that services to clients are safe and ethical as well as providing a reflective space for a supervisee to enhance their competence and confidence when working with clients.
- Learn techniques to constructively supervise and review the work of staff
- Learn about some of the often unexpected challenges of management
- Develop communication strategies to help manage the transition to management
Please use this link to check your organisations membership status: https://www.cfecfw.asn.au/members/
Tea and coffee facilities available and lunch provided.
Please note: Payment is required prior to the training date
Registration: To ensure your spot in this session, please enrol above.
- We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
- Participants who withdraw more than 15 days before course commencement will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the agreed start date, we will be unable to issue a refund.
- Course and name transfers may be made if vacancies exist.
- If there are extenuating circumstances for your cancellation, please contact 9614 1577 or email the training coordinator at email@example.com.