Motivational Interviewing – 12th August – CALMI20190812
Monday August 12, 2019, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$290 – $330
Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
One of the biggest challenges faced by workers in our sector is helping people change deep patterns of behaviour which increase their risks of harm.
This workshop offers a goal-directed, practical approach to counselling and working with clients who have identified a need for change, but are unable to begin the process. Motivational interviewing is one of the most advanced techniques to help clients work through the feelings which block their ability to make changes in their lives. This technique helps workers explore and resolve a client’s unwillingness or inability to make decisions that will positively impact their situation.
• Understand the guiding principles of Motivational Interviewing
• Learn how to listen attentively without judgement in a counselling scenario
• Learn to identify ambivalence when discussing decision-making with your client
• Develop the ability to positively interact with the client’s decision making process
• Develop a method of communication known as ‘change talk’ that will help motivate the client to want to make changes to their present situation
Who should Attend
This workshop will benefit anyone who works in client-based practice, including case workers, social workers, counsellors, nurses, drug and alcohol workers and practitioners who work with family violence.
Morning/afternoon tea and lunch provided.
Please note: Payment is required prior to the training date
Registration: To ensure your spot in this session, please enrol above.
We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
Participants who withdraw more than 15 days before course commencement will receive a full refund. If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the agreed start date, we will be unable to issue a refund.
Course and name transfers may be made if vacancies exist.
If there are extenuating circumstances for your cancellation, please apply in writing, attaching any relevant documentation, such as a medical certificate. Application for special consideration does not guarantee a refund.