- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT – Online Methamphetamine Training for Practitioners
Wednesday July 15, 2020, 9:30 am - 12:30 pmFunded
Online Methamphetamine Training for Community Service Organisations The Centre and YSAS have collaborated to deliver the Victorian Government funded training for practitioners to increase knowledge and confidence in identifying, discussing and responding to methamphetamine (ice) use. Learning Outcomes
- Understand the effects methamphetamine use can have on the brain, behaviour, psychological health, and in social contexts.
- Understand patterns of use, including the binge-crash cycle and the recovery process
- Understand what contributes to aggressive behaviour and methamphetamine-induced psychosis, and learn how to recognise these presentations.
- Develop knowledge and confidence in responding to people affected by methamphetamines
- Know how to find treatment options for both adolescents and adults