TICKETS SOLD OUT – Online Methamphetamine Training for Practitioners
Wednesday June 10, 2020, 9:30 am - 1:00 pmFunded
Online Methamphetamine Training for Community Service Organisations
The Centre and YSAS have collaborated to deliver the Victorian Government funded training for practitioners to increase knowledge and confidence in identifying, discussing and responding to methamphetamine (ice) use.
- Understand the effects methamphetamine use can have on the brain, behaviour, psychological health, and in social contexts.
- Understand patterns of use, including the binge-crash cycle and the recovery process
- Understand what contributes to aggressive behaviour and methamphetamine-induced psychosis, and learn how to recognise these presentations.
- Develop knowledge and confidence in responding to people affected by methamphetamines
- Know how to find treatment options for both adolescents and adults
Who should attend?
This workshop will benefit anyone who works with children, young people and families where there is a risk of exposure to methamphetamines. This includes child protection, family violence, out of home care, youth justice, social workers, case managers, carers, youth workers, teachers, school-based staff, nurses, mental health workers and counsellors.
**IMPORTANT***PLEASE READ BELOW***
On the Monday prior to the training, you will receive a reminder email from the Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare.
Your email will say “Link to Training” – which will contain the link and password to participate in the training.
Thank you, we look forward to your participation on the day.
Before you attend online training there are three things you will need to remember.
First, download and test Zoom before the meeting if you have not used it before and log in 5 minutes before the start time to test your audio, if you are having difficulty log out and log back in. To minimise background noise, all participants will be asked to keep their computers on mute and use the ‘Chat’ function to ask questions that will be answered at the end of the training session. ZOOM Link
Second, all participants will be required to display their first name and organisation they are from as part of everyone introducing themselves to the group.
Third, all participants will be asked to complete 2 short surveys during the workshop. This will only take a few minutes, and it is an essential data requirement to help us manage this project.