RCLDS- Aboriginal Cultural Awareness Training
Wednesday July 7, 1:00 pm - 4:30 pmFunded
This Workshop Is Only Available To Residential Care Workers In Victoria.
This workshop is designed to help residential care workers gain knowledge and skills to have a greater understanding of Aboriginal culture.
This interactive session over 3.5 hours will provide opportunities for open discussion.
- Have a greater understanding of the history and past events which shaped the way into which Aboriginal communities have evolved to adapt in today’s society.
- Gain an understanding of where Aboriginal populations reside and types of conditions that exist in Aboriginal communities, both Rural and Urban.
- Understand the value system of Aboriginal people, grief and loss, the role of Elders and cultural beliefs and hierarchy
- Know how racism and stereotyping of Aboriginal people still affects people in today’s society.
- Have a better understanding of how to break down barriers and how to work effectively with Aboriginal community agencies and individuals.
Scheduled for Wednesday July 7th 2021
9.30 am – 1.00 pm
Further Information about Your Booking:
If the session is booked out
Add your name to the waiting list. If a place becomes available, we will contact you, inviting you to register, if you are unable to respond quickly we will move to the next person on the list
Where will I find the link to join the session?
We will email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link a few days before the training date once registrations have closed. Please use your work email when registering as we will only be sending the link to participants who are eligible.