- This event has passed.
RCLDS – Autism Training for Support Staff and Organisations (Bendigo) RCLASD20191008
Tuesday October 8, 2019, 9:30 am - 5:00 pmFunded
This workshop is only available to residential care workers in Victoria.
The training outline is as follows:
- Introduction to Autism
- Introduction of the social model of disability, ableism and language
- Autism and Identity
- What is autism spectrum disorder is and how it effects a person’s behaviour
- Overview of an Autism diagnosis
- Understand how sensory processing differences impact on a person and how they engage with the environment
- Recognise the thinking styles that autistic people have and where support may be required
- Identify and apply basic support strategies to assist autistic people.
Who should attend: Any residential care worker or workers supporting young people in out of home care.