- This event has passed.
RCLDS – Case Notes and Record Keeping – 25th March 2020- (RCLCN20200325) (CBD)
Wednesday March 25, 2020, 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
RCLDS Funded (only available to residential care workers from residential care providers across Victoria)
The workshop is designed to assist participants in their role to document client work ensuring it is compliant, effective and relevant.
why keep case notes and records? what is a record?; An overview of what the common mistakes are when keeping case notes and records and how to avoid making them; a suggested structure for case notes and records and; how to write case notes and keep records in a way that is respectful of the client and allows workers to discharge his or her professional responsibilities.
Course level: Foundation
▪ Have a working understanding of the Privacy Requirements
▪ Understand how to document client and other contact in a way that adheres to organisational, legal and other professional body’s requirements.
▪ Understand the relevance and usefulness of appropriate case notes.
▪ Produce a basic client report identifying the key elements of an appropriate and useful report.
▪ Develop principles for report writing, balancing competing priorities and maintaining duty of care.
Coffee/Tea facilities available / Lunch provided