RCLDS – Counselling Skills for Non-Counsellors
This training is only available to residential care workers in Victoria
The training is aimed at new residential care workers into the sector and will be delivered as foundational training.
A 3 hour interactive workshop which will provide new workers in the sector with the understanding, knowledge and skills required to provide basic effective counselling skills in a direct practice setting to better support children, young people and families.
• Understand the theoretical approaches and model underpinning effective counselling
• Demonstrate effective communication skills
• Demonstrate effective general counselling and motivational interviewing skills
• Understand the role of self-reflection in practice
• Demonstrate understanding of working in the best interest of the client throughout the professional relationship
Who should attend?
FOUNDATIONAL LEVEL: training targeted at new residential care workers to help support you in your daily work.
Further Information about Your Booking:
If the session is booked out
Add your name to the waiting list. If a place becomes available, we will contact you, inviting you to register, if you are unable to respond quickly we will move to the next person on the list
Where will I find the link to join the session?
We will email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link a few days before the training date once registrations have closed. Please use your work email when registering as we will only be sending the link to participants who are eligible.