- This event has passed.
RCLDS Funded Training – Defusing and Debriefing Incidents- (RCLDDB20190916)
Monday September 16, 2019, 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFunded
This training is only available for residential care workers in Victoria.
Participants will be given an understanding of defusing (psychological first aid) and debriefing (CISM) along with follow up support and supporters’ self-care.
Following this workshop, participants should have:
- Understanding of stress and anxiety
- Recognise the effects of trauma
- Knowledge of workplace procedures around incident response
- Understand Rob Gordon’s model of psychological first aid
- Create safety after critical incident
- Support staff after a critical incident
- Emotional debrief in the days after a critical incident
- Set up the CISM debrief
- Understand the 7 stages of the CISM debrief
- Accessing EAP
- Other external professional support
- Understand self-care strategies for supporters