RCLDS – Debriefing for Residential Care Workers (Geelong)
Friday February 22, 2019, 9:30 am - 5:00 pmFunded
This training is free to residential care workers in Victoria
This is a new training being trialled and will require feedback after the session.
This workshop has been developed to support residential care workers to prepare for a potential critical incident. Participants will be given an understanding of defusing (psychological first aid) and debriefing (CISM) along with follow up support and supporters’ self-care.
Following this workshop, participants should have:
- Understanding of stress and anxiety
- Recognise the effects of trauma
- Knowledge of workplace procedures around incident response
- Understand Rob Gordon’s model of psychological first aid
- Create safety after critical incident
- Support staff after a critical incident
- Emotional debrief in the days after a critical incident
- Set up the CISM debrief
- Understand the 7 stages of the CISM debrief
- Accessing EAP
- Other external professional support
- Understand self-care strategies for supporters
This training is provided by Bryan Jeffery.