RCLDS – Engaging Young People in Education (East Metro)
Friday February 15, 2019, 9:30 am - 1:30 pmFunded
This training is only available for residential care workers in Victoria.
This 4-hour workshop for residential care workers gives practical strategies to encourage positive engagement to support young people in their learning. It is designed to assist workers to better understand trauma, its effect on behaviour and impact on learning.
- Better understand trauma and its impact on behaviour and learning
- Engage young people in their learning
- Learn and apply practical strategies to assist young people in their learning
- Understand what schools should provide under the OoHC Partnering Agreement
- Identify triggers and develop strategies as part of Behavioural Support Plans