- This event has passed.
RCLDS – Self-Care for Residential Care Workers (Rowville)
Monday June 17, 2019, 9:30 am - 5:00 pmFree
This training is only available to residential care workers in Victoria.
Aim of Training
This session has been developed by MOAT: Mental Health Services in association with RCLDS, to equip staff in assessing and improving their own self-care strategies. Participants will be provided with practical self-care advice and support in developing a 12-month self-care plan.
Following this session, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence rated of mental illness
- Outline the link between stress levels, vicarious trauma and related mental illnesses
- Assess their own self-care strategies for effectiveness
- List the 6 domains of self-0care activities
- Develop and implement a 12-month self-care plan
- Evaluate their 12-month self-care plan and its ongoing development