RCLDS – Skilled in Looking After Children (Shepparton)
Tuesday June 11, 2019, 9:30 am - 5:00 pmFunded
This training is only available to residential support workers working in Victoria.
This workshop is delivered in a blended format, the first part is online which can be accessed via the RCLDS elearning. The online component must be completed before attending the full day face to face.
The complete workshop will cover Looking after Children (LAC) processes & framework, legislation, trauma informed practice, attachment theory, systems theory, grief and loss, and the role workers, volunteers and clients play.
- Understand the LAC process and framework
- Understand the charter of rights and how to embed the into the LAC processes and framework
- Document and complete the Looking After Children Records
- Understand how the Best Interest Case Practice Model and LAC processes and framework are integrated to ensure best practice and good outcomes for children in out of home care
- How to navigate the seven LAC developmental dimensions and how complex trauma impacts on these dimensions
- Understand how to complete the LAC care and placement plans and other records, including navigating a Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) referral.