- This event has passed.
RCLDS – Understanding and Providing Support to Children and Young People with Autism
Wednesday February 17, 2021, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
This workshop is only available to residential care workers in Victoria Delivered over 2 days; 17th and 18th of February 2021
This workshop is now full. If we have sufficient numbers in the waitlist, we will schedule another workshop for those on the waitlist. Thank you.
The training outline is as follows:
- Introduction to Autism
- Introduction of the social model of disability, ableism and language
- Autism and Identity
- What is autism spectrum disorder is and how it effects a person’s behaviour
- Overview of an Autism diagnosis
- Understand how sensory processing differences impact on a person and how they engage with the environment
- Recognise the thinking styles that autistic people have and where support may be required
- Identify and apply basic support strategies to assist autistic people.
Please provide your work email when registering for this workshop.
Delivered over two days – 6 hour workshop for Residential Care Workers only.
Wednesday 17th February – 3 hours
Thursday 18th February – 3 hours
Further Information about Your Booking:
If the session is booked out
Add your name to the waiting list. If a place becomes available, we will contact you, inviting you to register, if you are unable to respond quickly we will move to the next person on the list. Depending on the number of registrations on the waitlist, we can also schedule another workshop for those on the waitlist.
Where will I find the link to join the session?
We will email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link a few days before the training date once registrations have closed. Please use your work email when registering as we will only be sending the link to participants who are eligible.