RCLDS Working well with LGBTIQA+ young people
Wednesday May 12, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until Wednesday May 12, 2021
This Workshop Is Only Available To Residential Care Workers In Victoria.
This professional development zoom workshop includes a mix of information delivery, discussion and activities leading to transformative learning for Residential Care Workers.
Current, Australian evidence-based research that informs best practice when working with LGBTIQ youth will be used as part of the overall teaching, as well as a basic introduction to what the letters stand for, and what is known about the health status and risks of this cohort.
- Understanding what the letters in LGBTIQ mean;
- access to research and information about the health status and risks of LGBTIQ youth;
- increased empathy and understanding about living as LGBTIQ in a heteronormative world;
- strategies for working well with LGBTIQ youth and the best ways to support their wellbeing.
A resource list will be provided.
This workshop is delivered in two parts over two days – both sessions must be attended.
Registration will automatically enrol you into both dates:
- Tuesday 11th May 2021 – 1.00 pm – 3.00 pm
- Wednesday 12th 2021 – 1.00 pm – 3.00 pm
Further Information about Your Booking:
If the session is booked out
Add your name to the waiting list. If a place becomes available, we will contact you, inviting you to register, if you are unable to respond quickly we will move to the next person on the list
Where will I find the link to join the session?
We will email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link a few days before the training date once registrations have closed.
- Please use your work email when registering as we will only be sending the link to participants who are eligible.