RCLDS – Introduction to working with Aboriginal children, young people & Families (South Melbourne)
Tuesday June 4, 2019, 9:30 am - 5:00 pmFunded
This training is only available for residential care workers in Victoria.
This one day workshop is an introduction to working respectfully with Aboriginal children, young people, families and workers in the child and family welfare sector.
- Aboriginal History – life before and after colonisation
- Key effects of Stolen Generation and the continued effects- Grief loss and Trauma
- Aboriginal Culture
- The resilience and strength in Aboriginal Communities
- Aboriginal family roles and responsibilities
- Working respectfully with Aboriginal children, youth, families and workers