RCLDS – Working with adolescents who use and abuse substances – CBD (RCLDU20200506)
Wednesday May 6, 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
Working with adolescents who use and abuse substances
This training is only available to Residential Care Workers in Victoria
Understand the how best to support young people who use and abuse substances to effect change.
- Understand why young people use drugs
- Learn what drug young people are using, the context of use, and the effects
- Understand signs and symptoms of alcohol and other drugs use and conditions which may mask or mimic these
- How to open up an effective conversation about drug use
- Interventions with young people who are not interested in change
- When and where to get specialist help
Who should attend?
This workshop will benefit anyone who works with children, young people and families where there is a risk of exposure. This includes child protection, family violence, out of home care, youth justice, social workers, case managers, carers, youth workers, teachers, school-based staff, nurses, mental health workers and counsellors.
Tea and coffee facilities available and lunch provided.
Registration: To ensure your spot in this session, please enrol above.