RCLDS: Working with people with suicidal ideation and non suicidal self injury
Tuesday June 15, 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:30 am, repeating until Wednesday June 16, 2021
Working with people with suicidal ideation and non suicidal self injury
This workshop provides participants with knowledge and skills in recognition and assessment of suicidal behaviour and non suicidal self injury (NSSI). This is relevant to people working with people of any age who have mental health problems, complexity and vulnerability.
The training provides participants with information, data, assessment and safety planning to groups at risk of suicide and NSSI including practicing skills in a safe environment with case scenarios.
- Identifying people who may be at risk of suicide by understanding signs and symptoms of suicidal behaviour that may be obvious or more subtle
- Responding to people who self harm and how to approach and support the person
- Increasing confidence in suicide assessment and safety planning, including appropriate language and communication styles
- When and how to refer on to appropriate agencies
- Increasing confidence in working with people who are experiencing suicidal ideation or NSSI by using a framework that is practised within the session
This workshop will be delivered over 4 hours:
Part 1 – Tuesday 15th June – 10.30 am – 12.30 pm
Part 2 – Wednesday 16th June – 10.30 am – 12.30 pm
Further Information about Your Booking:
If the session is booked out
Add your name to the waiting list. If a place becomes available, we will contact you, inviting you to register, if you are unable to respond quickly we will move to the next person on the list
Where will I find the link to join the session?
We will email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link a few days before the training date once registrations have closed.
- Please use your work email when registering as we will only be sending the link to participants who are eligible for training under the RCLDS funding.