Residential Care -Beginning Practice (Rowville)
Monday March 18, 2019, 9:15 am - 4:45 pmFunded
From 1 January 2018, all residential care workers providing direct care in a residential care home that is funded or delivered by the Department of Health and Human Services (the Department) are required to hold or be undertaking, either:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and out-of-home care)
- Or; a recognised relevant qualification, plus completion of of the Residential Care Beginning Practice
Residential Care Beginning Practice is the 4 minimum qualification units run by the Centre for residential care workers as a series of 4 day workshops.
Beginning Practice consists of the following 4 Nationally Recognised Units of Competency:
- CHCCCS009 Facilitate responsible behaviour (mandatory)
- CHCPRT009 Provide primary residential care (mandatory)
- CHCPRT010 Work with children and young people with complex trauma and attachment issues and needs (Strongly Recommended)
- CHCMHS007 Work effectively in trauma-informed care (mandatory)
Learners can choose to do all 4 units or just the 3 mandatory units
Workshop 6: Rowville
Dates: 18th to 21st March 2019
Time: 9.15 am to 4.45pm
Venue: SalvoCare, 1st Floor / 16-18 Kingsley Close, Rowville
The workshops will be in a blended learning format with some online theory modules as well as practical face-to-face classes covering all elements and competencies of the units. Learners must complete all aspects of the workshops and assessment to be deemed competent.
Registration for this course is open to all residential care staff.
On completion of this registration process, further enrollment documents will be emailed to you.
Project Manager – RCLDS
Ph no: 03 96141577:
Ph no: 03 96141577