- This event has passed.
Supervision conversations – Online Intake
Monday September 30, 2019
This training is only available for residential care workers in Victoria.
An interactive online course to guide managers/supervisors/team leaders in conducting conversations with staff post-training – reflecting on the content of the training; drawing links and contextualising between past, present and future practice issues; and discussing what barriers and opportunities are posed by implementing the learnings in their practice.
E-Learning Registration - Supervision conversations
How will enrolments work for the online training?
You may enrol them any time up until the end of September 2019.
- The three month period commences from the date of enrolment – i.e. even if your staff are enrolled at the end of September, they will still have three months to complete the course.
- At the halfway point – roughly one and a half months later – any staff who have not finished will receive a reminder.
- Once staff have completed the online component of the courses (and received a satisfactory grade on any final assessment) they can now download and print their own completion certificate. In Moodle they just need to go to the main screen of the module they have passed and click on Completion certificate, download and then print the certificate.
How long will the training take? Will I need any special equipment?
- Each course will take approximately 2 hours. One of the key benefits of online learning, however, is that staff can complete the courses in their own time. If they have to stop, the Moodle will remember where they were up to and allow them to pick up from there when they come back.
- Staff will not need any special equipment for the training, beyond a computer with a reliable internet connection. All online courses designed by the Centre for Excellence are customised for both desktop computer (Mac and PC), tablets and smartphones.