- This event has passed.
Positive Behaviour Support Restrictive Practice – Training for practitioners who work with families in the NDIS – (CALPBS20190715) (CBD)
Monday July 15, 2019, 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFunded
Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is an evidence-based approach designed to reduce the frequency and intensity of behaviours of concern. This approach incorporates detailed observation and analysis of a person’s environment and behaviour, followed with strategies to teach and reinforce alternative behaviours.
PBS is now recognised worldwide as the best practice for responding to behaviours of concern.
These plans may also be funded in NDIS plans, which means that child and family systems practitioners will increasingly work with families who have these programs.
The primary aim of this training is to improve staff confidence and skills to respond to children with special needs and develop positive Behaviour support.
The training aims to:
- Improve staff understanding and confidence when working with families who have disability and present with challenging behaviours.
The day with be structured into prevention, teaching of replacement skills, and reinforcement of positive replacement skills:
- How to prevent behaviours of concern by understanding triggers, function and principles FBA
- To explore sensory and communication frustration and the role of speech pathology and occupational therapy
- To increase positive relationships with children through strengths approach and reinforcement of good choices
- How to respond in difficult situations to de- escalate distress between parents and children/adolescents
- improve participants’ awareness of the function of challenging Behaviour
- enable participants to identify drivers of vulnerability and to work collaboratively with families to support solution focused problem solving and capacity building with families
- improve participants’ knowledge on skill in de- escalation strategies
- assist participants to identify challenges and appropriate approaches/responses to vulnerable children with special needs
Please use this link to check your organisations membership status: https://www.cfecfw.asn.au/members/
Coffee/Tea facilities available and lunch provided.
Please note: Payment is required prior to the training date
Registration: To ensure your spot in this session, please enrol above.
We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
Participants who withdraw more than 15 days before course commencement will receive a full refund. If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the agreed start date, we will be unable to issue a refund.
Course and name transfers may be made if vacancies exist.
If there are extenuating circumstances for your cancellation, please apply in writing, attaching any relevant documentation, such as a medical certificate. Application for special consideration does not guarantee a refund.