- This event has passed.
Working with adolescent family violence: applying the evidence to family work (CBD) (CALAFV202000505)
Tuesday May 5, 2020, 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
This workshop explores the issue of adolescent family violence and concurrent adolescent/parent work and parent only work. It explores similarities and differences to adult family violence and how these differences influence practice. It explores the tension between family safety and taking steps to effect change through utilising motivational interviewing, family systems approaches, nonviolent resistance and restorative practice.
- Gain clarity about the difference between working with adolescent family violence, adult family violence and adolescents t intimate partner violence
- Learn and practice motivational interviewing and engagement skills
Explore the benefits of a systemic family approach, even when working with only one family member
How to use strengths-based approaches when working with adolescents and families
Understanding the concept of non violent resistance and its applicability in working with adolescent family violence
Learn and practice strategies for intervention.
Who should attend?
This workshop will benefit anyone who works with children, young people and families where there is adolescent family violence. This includes social workers, case managers, carers, youth workers, teachers, school-based staff, nurses, mental health workers and counsellors.
Tea and coffee facilities available and lunch provided.
Please note: Payment is required prior to the training date
Registration: To ensure your spot in this session, please enrol above.
- We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
- Participants who withdraw more than 15 days before course commencement will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the agreed start date, we will be unable to issue a refund.
- Course and name transfers may be made if vacancies exist.
- If there are extenuating circumstances for your cancellation, please contact 9614 1577 or email the training coordinator at email@example.com.