- This event has passed.
Working with adolescents experiencing dual diagnosis. (CBD) 14th May (CALFDU20200514)
Thursday May 14, 2020, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$250 – $330
Understand the how best to support young people who use and abuse substances and experience co-occurring mental health issues.
- Understanding what dual diagnosis is
- Recognising the characteristics of people experiencing dual diagnosis
- Understanding of prevalence of dual diagnosis in the population
- Understand signs, symptoms and impacts of dual diagnosis
- Implement interventions with young people experiencing dual diagnosis
- Understand when and where to get specialist help
Who should attend?
This workshop will benefit anyone who works with children, young people and families. This includes child protection, family violence, out of home care, youth justice, social workers, case managers, carers, youth workers, teachers, school-based staff, nurses, mental health workers and counsellors.
Tea and coffee facilities available and lunch provided.
Please note: Payment is required prior to the training date
Registration: To ensure your spot in this session, please enrol above.
- We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
- Participants who withdraw more than 15 days before course commencement will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the agreed start date, we will be unable to issue a refund.
- Course and name transfers may be made if vacancies exist.
- If there are extenuating circumstances for your cancellation, please contact 9614 1577 or email the training coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.