Working with Occupational Violence and Aggression – CBD – (CALOVA2020323)
Monday March 23, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$250 – $330
This workshop has been postponed until further notice
Mental Health Services for staff who may experience occupational violence in the workplace.
This training is relevant to any residential care, case managers, or outreach workers in the Youth Welfare, Family Support, or Homelessness sectors; as well as private or public healthcare staff.
The training is an interactive and strategy-rich training package relevant to participants’ workplaces and Occupational Violence & Aggression issues (OVA).
- legal principles
- mental health literacy
- predisposing factors and triggers
- social & interpersonal factors influencing escalations
- self-awareness of personal stress
- recognising early signs of agitation
- communication skills
- verbal and non-verbal de-escalation
- managing inappropriate behaviours
- OVA risk assessment
- use of protective equipment i.e. duress alarms
- staff breakaway techniques
- internal incident reporting systems
Please use this link to check your organisations membership status: https://www.cfecfw.asn.au/members/
Tea and coffee facilities available and lunch provided.
Please note: Payment is required prior to the training date
Registration: To ensure your spot in this session, please enrol above.
- We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
- Participants who withdraw more than 15 days before course commencement will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the agreed start date, we will be unable to issue a refund.
- Course and name transfers may be made if vacancies exist.
- If there are extenuating circumstances for your cancellation, please contact 9614 1577 or email the training coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.