The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare (the Centre) in partnership with the Centre for Evidence-Based Management (CEBMa), Carnegie Mellon University and OzChild are pleased to offer 20 free places in CEBMa’s Evidence-Based Decision Making for Leaders Human Services course for your organisations executives, managers and/or up and coming leaders.
CEBMa is an independent, not-for-profit foundation that provides support to managers and leaders who want to enhance their understanding of how an evidence-based approach helps people in organisations to make better decisions.
Evidence-Based Decision Making for Leaders Human Services Course
CEBMa’s Evidence-Based Decision Making for Leaders Human Services course is delivered through online modules and in the virtual classroom to develop evidence-based management (EBM) skills and enhance understanding of how an evidence-based approach can support an organisation’s decision-making and management practice. The specific skills this course aims to develop are:
- critical thinking and reasoning
- identifying and gathering of the best available evidence
- critical appraisal of evidence
- applying evidence of different forms to decision-making
- utilising evidence to tackle complex human service problems.
On completion of the course, participants will receive an executive education certificate from Carnegie Mellon University and CEBMa and be able to:
- assess the extent to which claims (made by managers, leaders, departments or consulting firms) are supported by evidence
- acquire, critically appraise and apply evidence from multiple sources to support organisational decision-making
- be able to translate principles from best evidence to management practice and ethical decision-making, and reflect on how to use evidence in your role and to improve your learning experience.
How to Apply
This is an exciting opportunity to provide high quality training at no cost to your organisations executives, managers and/or up and coming leaders.
To apply for one of the 20 free places, please have your candidates(s) review the attached course syllabus and complete the attached Expression of Interest Form (the EOI) and return it to Fenby on email@example.com by Monday 15 June 2020.
Expression of interest form: Click here.
Course overview document: Click here.