Today’s media update reflects a continuing focus on the sentencing survey recently launched by the Victorian Government (see previous media scan). The Protecting Victoria’s Vulnerable Children Inquiry, children’s health and proposed family law changes also feature.
Sentencing changes criticised
- Mandatory sentencing poisonous: Cowdery, 774 ABC Melbourne, 29 July 2011
- Former DPP raps Government over public survey on issue, Herald Sun, 29 July 2011
- Calls for mandatory sentencing misguided, ABC Radio National, AM, 29 July 2011
- Juvenile sentencing draws fire, ABC Radio National, The World Today, 29 July 2011
Protecting Victoria’s Vulnerable Children Inquiry in Swan Hill
- Child protection inquiry visits, The Guardian, 29 July 2011
New report on children’s health issues shows room for improvement
- Report highlights child health issues, SBS World News Australia, 29 July 2011
- Most Australian children doing well – but not all, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 28 July 2011
Family law changes give broader consideration to domestic violence
- Proposed family aims to minimise confusion, ABC Radio National Breakfast, 29 July 2011
Got a view? Please leave a comment!
Remember, there are many ways you can catch up on the Centre’s media updates. You can browse the site, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader.