Good Notes and Documentation
This is an online, interactive training module for residential care staff. It teaches participants about the essential role played by good records in providing quality, child-focused residential care. It provides an overview of the legislative requirements relating to record-keeping; issues of confidentiality & privacy; and how good documentation is part of the worker’s duty of care.
- Recognise the importance of quality record keeping and documentation, in line with both their Organisation’s and DHHS’ policies & procedures.
- Identifying the key legislation and audit requirements for record keeping & documentation in residential care.
- Understanding of confidentiality, the principles of privacy and the law in regards to your record keeping obligations.
- Understanding how good record keeping and documentation is a key part of your duty of care.
- Appreciate the impact that files and records have on a young person – both while they’re in care and in later life.