Today’s media update leads with reported allegations by former workers and a former board member from Warrnambool community service organisation, Community Connections. There was also substantial coverage over the weekend of the human rights charter and sentencing.
Your comments on any of these issues are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously if you wish).
Residential care allegations
- Serious allegations against residential care, ABC TV, 7.30 Victoria, 8 August 2011
- Community Connections under fire, The Warrnambool Standard, 8 August 2011
Human rights charter
- Leaked costings add fuel to charter debate, Sunday Age, 7 August 2011
- Indefence of Victoria’s human rights charter, Sunday Age, 7 August 2011
- Let parents smack kids, says church, Herald Sun, 8 August 2011
- A question of punishment, Herald Sun, 8 August 2011
- Chief magistrate hits tough-on-crime plan, Sunday Age, 7 August 2011
Also of interest
- Jobless poorer parents, says study, Sunday Age, 7 August 2011
- Children’s place on the agenda, ABC Radio National, LifeMatters, 8 August 2011
- 50/50 parenting, ABC Radio National, Background Briefing, 31 July 2011
- Education for at-risk young people, Australian Policy Online, 5 August 2011
Remember, there are many ways you can catch up on the Centre’s media updates. You can browse the site, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader.