This session will be delivered in 5 discrete modules – participants will complete all modules chronologically, as scheduled by their organisation.
1. Self-care introduction: (60 minutes)
- Why is self-care important?
- Using a self-care model “APIE”
- How do we find time for self-care?
2. Stress and vicarious trauma: (90 minutes)
- Terminology – stress or anxiety?
- Possible effects of stress on the body systems
- Examples of common stressor
- Workplace stress – risk factors
- Vicarious trauma Trauma and its effect on the brain
- Are you vicariously traumatised?
- Prevalence of mental illnessinutes)
3. Self-care planning: (120 minutes)
- Self-care and lifestyle balance assessment tool
- Stress management and mindfulness
- Personal self-care assessment tool –
- social elements
- psychological elements
- physical elements
- environmental elements
- professional elements lifestyle elements
- Developing a personal SMART self-care plan
- Resources required and issues in implementing the plan
- Evaluation of your plan