This course provides an essential introduction to Looking after Children (LAC) for all out of home care (OOHC) workers- what it is, how to fill reports-and most importantly, why it is important! This online delivery model is delivered via webinar.
- Gain an understanding of the history of LAC, including the needs it was designed to meet
- Become familiar with the various LAC reports and documents-how to use them, and how they serve the best interest of the child
- Understand the charter of rights and how to embed them into the LAC processes and framework
- Document and complete the Looking After Children Records
- Understand how the Best Interest Case Practice Model and LAC processes and framework are integrated to ensure best practice and good outcomes for children in out of home care
- How to navigate the seven LAC developmental dimensions and how complex trauma impacts on these dimensions
- Understand how to complete the LAC care and placement plans and other records, including navigating a Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) referral